~Terror

In the recent terror attacks around the world, everyone is on high alerts for potential attacks and suspicious acts.

I went to watch "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" yesterday. We were watching the commercials. There was a gap between my friend's seat and the next seat on her left. The gap is for the wheel chair bound. The man sitting at that isolated seat looked very serious when he was watching the commercials. He had a serious expression and sat so straight. I thought he was nuts to be so tense watching a movie, especially if it was Harry Potter.

Then he left his seat and left his bag at the seat!

I would not have noticed if my friend did not inform me. The duffle bag would look innocent if any one carried it around. But it was there just being so innocent. I am sure i did not get more worried and paranoid. My friend an I contemplated if we should inform the workers. I was sure my heart raced. I just told my friend that i had a good year because i learnt to appreciate things and everything went smooth sailing this year. I thought"I do not want to die now!". Then i became angry with that guy. How could he bomb us at such an innocent movie that i looked forward to for such a long time?

I made a decision. I saw a worker and i told him about that suspicous looking bag. He thought i asked him to take the kiddy chair away. I corrected him. When he finally got my idea, he looked mometarily shocked. He did not know what to do and was dumb-strucked. He told me to wait and went off to get help. I thought to myself while i looked at that bag, "Man, don't say wait! Things can exploded anytime!" I was sure that few minutes was one of the longest and most threatening in my life.

Fortunately, the serious man came back to his seat. He left for the toilet! I am sure he has not heard enough of this mesage " Please do not leave your valuable unattended. Please report if you see anything suspicious." I wish to inform anyone reading this entry not to leave your bag just there even if you know it would be safe! The people there don't feel safe!

That was yesterday's happenings. I have something to say about what happened today.

I was on my way home. I beeped my card at the gates to get into the MRT station and i was stopped for a security check.

I thought to myself, "Do i look that suspicious or terrifying?". I put my bags on the table and was waiting for the lady to check through my bag filled with free gifts. She asked if i showed her my stuff instead. I jumped at the opportunity to take out all my prizes to show her. She said i do not need to take my things out. I wondered how she was to see the things in my bag if all she could see was black stuff? Then i resumed my eagerness to show her my pencil case and magazines. I sort of shocked her with my eagerness to show her my possesions. I was about to show her my goodie bag when i think she realised i am not much of a terror suspect. It was quite hilarious to recall this experience. A person stopped to be checked would be so delighted and eager to show my things.

This comes to show that the terror attacks in the region and around the world impact and change our lives.
Sun tanned on: 4:31 PM




Your rants My cries


Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009

Credit

Designer:iloveyenleng
Burshes:Devaintart Image:photobucket