~Continued...
Continued....
We seek confidence in external objects to feel the void within ourselves that confidence is suppose to be. These external objects are none other than branded goods. It is the branding we buy but the false sense of confidence that we want out of the objects. The admiration by the blind brand-consicious seekers that would drool over the objects and fantasise about owing it will be the adrenaline rush the buyer enjoys. They admire you for you have the things they dream about having. And for that object, you gained their friendship, their acceptance and their company. I would like to question how stable is the foundation of such a friendship is set upon, the basis of which their acceptance and company are set on. I forsee nothing but that you have a shallow friend and you are equally silly too.
Do not mistaken me for being Anti-branding. I view branding as a powerful too and I feel that there is nothing sinful about it. But if a friend likes you for the brand then ditch her and wish her the best that she can get a job at the brand.
Sun tanned on: 9:10 PM