~A crazy idea.
Disclaimer: This entry is of self indulgence. It is to make me feel good from writing it and does not necessarily make you feel great from reading it. Procced on for the most random thoughts of mine.
I could not sleep last night. It was not because i was worried about the upcoming exams or neither was i worried about the not making full use of the holidays. I should be sleeping soundly after watching the most charming actor-Min Zheng Hao of Da Chan Jin. That is another issue that demands another enrty that i shall dedicate another day.
An idea struck me out of no where.
And the idea is: I want to live on Miyajima island, Japan for at least of a year in my life.
Miyajima island is off the coast of Hiroshima. A short three minutes cruise ride will bring you to this island of total peace and tranquility. Deers roam freely and there is no noise and bustle from big crowds or heavy traffic. Miyajima island is a holy island according to the Shinto religion and host one of the four most popular tourist attractions of Japan.
I visited Miyajima island on my trip to Japan recently. I must admit that it was the highlight of my trip. I was wowed over how everything moves slowly and traditional. There are beautiful views of the moutains or overlooking the sea from the moutain top. The view of flats around my area is nothing compares to those of Miyajima island.
Not that i despise our sunny Singapore. I love Singapore and feel that we often take the security and cleaniness of our island for granted. Its just that i want to own an experience of a lifetime and exploring off the beaten track always seems so attactive.
You might ask what will i do for a living there. Since Miyajima island is a tourist spot, you will need bilingual tour guides. I can speak English and Chinese. Or maybe i will work for the restaurants over there and earn a meager sum every month and lead a simple lifestyle for a while. Then i can come back to Singapore to sell great tasting japanese cuisine later.
Oh wells that was all that i though all night before i fell asleep. It seems crazy but i hope it works well some day.
Sun tanned on: 12:16 PM