~When a curfew needs to be met

I am not a very punctual student. I can be running to school for 3 days in a row or be late 2 times in 5 months. I have curfews when i go out and i hardy meet them, honest to say.

This time, I made a great attempt to return home on time after a rather stern warning from my mum. For once, but it still did not work out. At all.

I was there at the bus stop early. I was admiring the new ear rings i had just bought. The ear rings are the vintage rose kind if you were interested to know what it is. Then the bus went past. I slapped myself in my heart for being so carried away with my new purchase. So i stood at the side of the road and waited for the bus attentively. 2 of the buses came together! i shot my hand out and waved frantically. But both bus drivers ignored me! I was fuming mad at their ignorance and checked to see whether i existed physically. Being mad at the bus drivers, i turned around and my eyes shot a glimpse at the bus numbers on the bus stop plate. Then to my utter dismay, fright and worry, THE BUS DOES NOT STOP THERE!

Then i realised i was waiting for the bus that passes by the area but does not stop at the bus stopat all. I figured i might catch the bus at the right bus stop instead but the bus didn not come early enough. After much effort at hailing for a cab and getting angry at the other person who snatched a taxi away from me, a taxi driver finally decided to fetch me.I was already late by 5 mins and counting when i was in the cab. I thought that it would not take long to reach home since Bugis is not very far from my house and i was finally moving. With all my ill-rotten luck, i was caught in a jam at Geylang Road. The meter clicked away as i got caught in the jam.

I did not reach home on time and i spent a bomb in my attempt to be punctual. I felt the pinch. The amount was enough to catch a movie(which was what the taxi driver reminded me of) or get me some accessorises or a cap i want to get for my dad to wear for his work at his farm for Fathers' Day.

I finally reached home at a grand 20 minutes late. I told my parents about my whole ordeal. My dad was amused with the issue and taught me that i have to check the plate.Point taken. My mother was obviously not happy and listened to me relate my whole experience with much skeptism. She remarked that i was rich to take a cab. It is not that i wanted to, but i had to keep a promise i made with her. I am sad with her reaction and hope she place more understanding towards my situation. She even made me feel like she did not believe what i said. Or was i too sensitive?

I hope mummy understands that this is the first time i made extra caution and attention about punctuality and it might have failed but i will continue making the effort. And i want to let dad know his cap is not in jeapody. When i find a suitable one for him, that is.
Sun tanned on: 10:43 PM




Your rants My cries


Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009

Credit

Designer:iloveyenleng
Burshes:Devaintart Image:photobucket