~Disaster in the Chem Lab
I have always felt that my lab partner is a hazard in the lab. Guess i am one too.
The instructions:
Put solid x in a test-tube. Pour nitric acid. Filter Solution. Filtrate is needed for further tests.
So i did as instructed and i realised that my filtrate might be insufficient. Then i got greedy. So i repeated the experiment again. I added more solid than usual hoping to get more filtrate. When added the nitic acid, the solid didnt dissolve. So i filled the whole test-tube with nitric acid. But the the solid at the bottom of the test-tube was still not dissolving. I took out the glass rod to "stir" the solution.
Guess my "stirring" was more like "grinding". Then a piece of glass from the bottom of the test-tube drop out due to the force of the rod. Then all the contents flushed out. So there was dark brown solution everywhere........................
The nitric acid turned brown tooo cause i didnt close the bottle. So i have spots of nitric acid and unknown solid all over my shirt and skirt to remind me of this.
Sun tanned on: 5:28 PM