~My secret.

I have been having some special interests since i was a little girl. My mum realises my secret interests recently when i started sharing my investigations and years of observation with her.

I have always taken special interest in the mad/crazy/weird/abnormal people around me. I have no idea what is the correct word to describe them, so you have to choose it. I never really fear them and have always been pretty curious about them.

It started with this really old lady with salt and pepper hair. She lives in my estate and goes around walking in a weird fashion carrying two big plastic bags filled with more plastic bags. Which is the usual case for many unusual people i have been observing. She eats on the floor at the coffeshop and is not at all poor since she would pay for multiple cups of drinks, taking sips from each cup. I was never really scared of her unusual behaviour but have always been observing her with curious eyes. Walking along with her was never a problem for me but she looked quite unfriendly so i have never talked to her before.

That paved the way for me observing other such people in my estate. All of them had a story to tell and i am curious what it is.

My new interest is another lady with salt and pepper hair. She would be dressed in a tube top with flare pants. She would carry a plastic bag filled with more plastic bags. What is special about her is that she scold obscene amounts and the most crude hokkien vulgarities. She does it so loudly that i know she is around the estate even though i am in my room. I would pull my mother to the window to show her that the lady on the streets. Her speeches have always been those standard few lines. I belief that she suffered something so traumatic that she got eternally stuck in it.

There is another such lady around town-bugis area. i have seen her at bras-basah area and at city link mall. She stuffs this really big plastic bag under her top and takes huge steps. She would pretend or maybe she is very rich. She would pull the price tags out from the clothes on the mannequins to have a look before she marches away.

Please dont get me wrong. I dont mean to be nosy or weird observing such people. I do not shoot doubtful gazes or throw disgusted stares unlike those people that encounter such people that i have been observing. I have no idea why i pay such special interests in such people and remember them. I dont know why i can talk about them in such a matter-of-factly manner as if there is nothing wrong about them. I have no idea why i have been so curious about them since i was a little girl. I am sure there are many other things in the world that i could be interested in.

But what i understand is that they are just like us in a way or another. When life gets too tough and pressing, we do off-beat things like screaming or crying. When life gets down, we find it hard to get up. When things in life starts to fall apart, we become possesive over those small things which in their case would be those plastic bags. I guess there are some common traits i have with such people, i dont really know who am i at times too.

p.s Bad things happened to those people, you dont have to make it worst by shooting awful stares at them. At least i observe them in a way as subtle as i can.
Sun tanned on: 8:38 PM




Your rants My cries


Archives

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009

Credit

Designer:iloveyenleng
Burshes:Devaintart Image:photobucket