~Me on Me.
"1 in 5 girls would consider having plastic surgery in the future to alter their physical appearance" says the Dove advertisement.
I was asked if i was one of the 5 girls. I candidly replied " Yes, to saw off my hips and put it to my shoulders! That should solve the problem!" Of course, i meant it in my usual sarcastic manner.
During geography class today, the teacher suddenly made a series of compliments saying that i am smart, alert, sharp and i can go far in life etc. Then i said out loud to add on to her series of praises such as "pretty, gorgeous, charming, attractive", thats the usual narcisstic me for you. Sadly, she did not say any of those exact remarks but ended of with a " high self-esteem" instead.
I have made fun of myself by joking that im fat or not-exactly-pretty-kind. But i know those are purely for entertainment purposes and my way of making light-hearted jokes. I dont mind joking about my appearances or the lack of it. Because deep inside me, i am comfortable with the skin i live in. So how many people can confidently say that they like the container they live in? Anyway, im quite pretty too what!!! Then you all would go "syeyuet you arh again...."
This entry is just peppered with so much of my self praise and narcisstic remarks, im actually getting embarrassed by it.
I was talking about looks, the idea of beauty and what gweneth paltrow wore to the oscars (which i think is so fabulous) with my mother. Then i asked if she was ever asked if she wanted to be a man or women her next life when she was younger. She said she was never asked and i doubt she would even think of such far- fetched ideas either.
The i told her my reply when i was asked this question. " I want to be a man. So i can date girls like me." And she rolled her eyes again at me for like the hundredth time. Now i seriously doubt i would get dates after revealing this! HAHA
BIg Disclaimer: Imagine me recounting all of the above in my usual narcisstic manner and sarcastic tone!! Everything laced with laughter.
I guess you begin to accept yourself when you can laugh at yourself with yourself.
Sun tanned on: 5:17 PM