~Blood Donation at TJc
Blood Donation drive comes to TJC again!
I had a good breakfast ( Burger with milo ), gone for pe, grabbed a pomegrante drink and a slice of watermelon and proceeded to the the blood donation drive with Cheryl.
Everything was fine and i found out that i lost weight too! yayness, finally worked off those smoothies!
It isnt my first time donating blood. With some experience and confidence from the last blood donation, i did not freaked out and was chatting with the ladies. I even looked at the needle and bloood. All eveything went on smoothly, i was told to stop and she was tugging at the tubes taking a sample and trying to disconnect me.
Then i saw black patches and the black patches multiplier pretty quickly and everything went black. I blacked out- so silly! I said " An le, An le, Hei le" and my daylights were switched off.
They immediately disconnect me and tilt me backwards. I could feel my toes getting sore and fury-sort-off and it slowly spread to my arms. After the blood went back up, I felt a little better and told the ladies that im fine.
The doc came to ask which was my donation arm but i mistook him as asking whats my "domination" arm. No wonder he asked me three times repeatedly. When i told him i mistaken what he said, he was kinda convinced that i was still ill and kept me a little longer. All miscommunication.
Well, i came back up again and whooped down 3 packets of biscuits and another packet of milo. My blacked out incidence was pretty muched caused by the lack of food/glucose in my body after pe. Gah, i think i worked out quite a bite during pe huh!
Moral of the story: please eat before you donate blood. eat loads.
Sun tanned on: 5:55 PM