~
I am finally blogging.
I am down with stomach flu. So i will be stuck with boring food while my house is filled with exciting left-overs from our recent festive occassion!
Sis is married! I do not know what to get them for their wedding. I do not know what, still. What do you give a couple who has everything they need to build a life ahead of them?
I did not like my hair-do nor my make-up on that day. But it did not matter, just seeing sis on stage with her love, that very blissful smile and the anticipation for life ahead, heck about the look.
The past week was hectic. very.
I was fortunate to go on a field trip to KL. I visited this factory which recycles used paper cartoons to paper. Talked to people in the industry and gained relevant insights i will never be able to find in books. We treked at the forest research institute of malaysia. It feels like field-trip to Kuantan all over again! The tree top walk was fabulous. Looking down and seeing the canopy from up onto was just amazing! i had trouble climbing down, ever so fearful to slip and fall and scar myself. vain you see.
Then it was back to Singapore to help with the wedding preparations. Her wish was my command.
I crashed out on Sunday after the wedding. My back hurt so badly from carrying the train of the dress in those 4 inch heels. I deserve it actually...
I did not turn up in my expected cleopatra do on monday. Am strapped for cash and doing something frivolous with my hair is just... frivolous...
So it is back to work again. this time to prepare for Earth Hour. Join us at Esplanade park! I am posted to Bedok CC. Kids, if you live nearby, you know what to do.
An ex-intern came and she was shocked that i was still there. Its been 3.5 months. Phew, time really flies. I like the people, the things i am doing, the environment, beginning to feel comfortable and confident with the things i am doing. Most importantly, i like the people i see everyday. Yes, 7 days a week., sometimes. I am guided yet given the opportunity to explore, i make mistakes but i am allowed to learn from them.
I am finding a way to raise the 12,840 pounds. I keep my fingers crossed. i don't know what lies ahead, but the very least comfort i have, is the things i have now.
Sun tanned on: 9:40 PM